• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Issue

New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently converted my Robohelp for Word project to HTML, more or less successfully.  As expected, all of the links that existed in the Winhelp project that originated from a bitmap, broke during the conversion process.  I'm in the process of re-establishing these links, which is proving to be a very long process due to the fact that every time I right click on an image map to access its "properties," it takes nearly 90 seconds for the properties window to appear!  Is there any way to speed this up?  This happens even when I create a totally new image map on a new image in a new topic.  Currently, all of my HTM files are in one huge folder... if, at this point, i created a folder for each htm file, would that possibly speed things up, or would that totally mess up my project?  I'm on Robohelp 7.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding an image map to one of the supplied tutorial projects? Does the same happen there? Out of interest, just how many HTM files are there in your folder?

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are exactly 317 htm documents in my folder.

I added an image map to an image in the "Clownfish School" project provided by adobe and didn't have to wait at all for the properties dialog to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Splitting the project into folders will likely help the issue. I think the slowdown occurs because all the topics and images and whatnot have to be read in so they are able to appear in the list. If you have several folders with fewer topics you should be better off.

One caveat though. ONLY move the files and folders from inside RoboHelp HTML. If you sneak behind its back and begin moving things about, you are likely to make RoboHelp wander around all bug eyed looking for things that aren't there any more!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in case it matters, the image map is ultimately being linked to a bookmark - of which there are thousands upon thousands in my project.  These used to be "midtopic IDs" in Robohelp for Word.  The bookmarks themselves seem to be fine.

The long wait also applies when adding a new "ordinary" hyperlink of any kind, actually.  I just figured that out as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thousands of bookmarks could also be a factor as Rick suggests. Go down his route of splitting your topics into folders.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp