• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple TOCs - How do I choose the one to use?

Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably just blind, but I did look in RH's help and I still couldn't find where it says how to set the default TOC if you have multiple TOCs. Can anyone provide some needed elucidation?

Thanks!

Jared

RH7, Vista

PS... Is it also possible to define signatures for our profies to put automatically into posts? If so I don't see where?  (sigh) It's one of those days when I feel like I need new eye glasses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

When you create a RoboHelp HTML project from scratch it will have a single TOC and it will be labeled as the default. Of course you may now create more than a single TOC. If you have more than a single TOC, you expand the Table of Contents pseudo-folder in the Project Manager. Right-click the desired TOC and choose Set as Default.

Note that you may also configure a specific TOC to be used in the Single Source Layout properties.

There is no signature capability in the new forums. You have to add the code manually to each post if that's what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. At least I know I'm not totally blind. I was indeed looking in the right place to set this before posting. But strangely, I don't have a Set as Default menu item when right-clickinng and viewing the popup menu.

rh_toc_no_default_option.jpg

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

So sorry. My bad. I failed to notice in your first post that you clearly stated you were using RoboHelp 7. I was just looking at my RoboHelp 7 and you are correct. That option isn't there in RoboHelp 7. What I shot back earlier was for RoboHelp 8. So it would appear that's one of the changes that were added to version 8.

The good news is that RoboHelp 7 *DOES* support the other method I mentioned. Choosing the TOC for the layout.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response. I at least know how to assign a new TOC as a single source layout in RH7. But is there a way to change the default one in RH7? A registry entry or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but not in version 7. It's a feature that was added to 8.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Seeing as ahow that is not possible, what about deleting the default TOC inside RH7, so that my secondary TOC is the only one available? How would I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I think if I were to consider that, here is the approach I would take.

Before you do any of this, make a backup copy of all your project files.

Right-click any topic and choose Topic Properties or Properties.

Click the File tab.

Click Open Folder. (This should open Windows Explorer in the project folder)

Dismiss the dialog and close RoboHelp.

Locate the default TOC file. This file should be named identically to your project and have a .HHC file extension. Delete this file.

Copy the desired TOC file. (it should also have a .HHC file extension)

Rename the copy to match the default TOC file you deleted earlier.

Restart RoboHelp and your TOC should now contain what you want.

From inside RoboHelp, delete the second TOC.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp