Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

redirecting to another...

New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for suggestion for my below issue.

we have two different sites. We have control to 2nd site which is in CF.

There will be a link on 1st site to redirect to 2nd site...we will be providing the url for the link to be added on the 1st site.... and this link will hit the 2nd site...

my concern is if non-authenticated person got the URL and try to access, we should not allow them to access the 2nd site...

I like to give some warning if the user is not the authenticated person...but how should we know if he is a valid person or not...

Any suggestions....

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let the first site pass a unique, encrypted security code as URL variable to the second site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if we have unique security code on the url, and if some non-authenticated person access this url ...and copy and paste on his browser he will be able to view the screen right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if some non-authenticated person access this url

You could use SSL to prevent eavesdropping. Remember that network security can never be 100% watertight. There are certain lapses of security that are inevitable, whether you're dealing with 2 servers or just one. For example, you always have to be alert for people watching over your shoulder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are right....but how can we trap the person who is not the correct person, who is trying to access the data, for the below situation....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll say using some sort of login screen , and using  session variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats what i thought so...but think is 1st site is entirely different site... say, www.cnn.com..... we dont have access to that site and we dont have info about the sessions also.....only think we know is, the URL..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation