Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded flash video (swf) restarts during presentation

Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inserted a flash video (swf) directly into a presentation and have noticed that the video begins to play but then starts over after a short period of time. Any ideas why this might be happening? It is not looping at the end, (I know how to fix that), but it starts and then like re-starts -- it seems like once the video entirely loads it starts over, and then you see the counter begin (on the second time it starts).
Thanks for any assistance in advance.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious: is the video loaded into the sidebar, or the slide itself?  Also, did you make any adjustemnts with the video "editing" control?  I have had problems with that buggy feature.

Also, what format are you publishing in?  PDF, for CD or the web?

Have you tried deleting the video and reloading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi there....I am having the exact problem. Have you found out how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One things I've noticed is that Presenter is very particular in how you delete the swf file. You can't just click on it and delete it. What you need to to is go to Insert swf --> Manage swf file, locate the swf you want (you may find multiple copies of it in the listing...so be sure to delete all of them), then click delete. Then what I do is delete the previous slide altogether, create a brand new blank slide, and import the swf to the new slide. Cumbersome, but so far it seems to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources