Expand my Community achievements bar.

Difference between LiveCycle Workbench ES and LiveCycle Designer ES

Level 2

Pardon me. I am really new in this product. Can some please explain to me the difference between the two above products.

I have LiveCycle Designer 8 ES.

I am wondering where can i download LiveCycle Workbench ES

Thank you

Kebaya

6 Replies

Level 8

In brief:

Designer is a tool for creating forms and form templates

Workbench is a tool for creating LiveCycle workflows.  Workbench includes a copy of Designer so you can add forms to your workflows.

Workbench comes with LiveCycle ES.

Employee

LiveCycle Designer is Adobe's form design product. Since you have the product, I am sure you understand what it is meant to do. LiveCycle Workbench is the integrated design environment (IDE) that comes with LiveCycle Enterprise Suite. LC ES is a server-side platform that enables you to create enterprise applications that range from data capture processing (accept data posted from a form created in LiveCycle Designer for example and store the submitted data in your back office), Correspondence Management (generation of documents, protection of said documents, document management, etc) to Business Process Management (routing work from one person to the next).

LiveCycle Workbench is the design tool used to build these server-side applications. LC Workbench is made up of two main components: Process Designer (used to model the types of applications I mentioned above) and Form Designer (aka LiveCycle Designer). The only difference between the LiveCycle Designer you get with Acrobat and the Form Designer that is embedded in LC Workbench is that the version in Workbench is tied to the server runtime - meaning that all of the form templates you create get saved in the LC ES Repository. The version you have that comes with Acrobat has all of the same functionality except that the form templates you design are saved to your local file system.

For more information on LiveCycle ES, go to: http://www.adobe.com/livecycle

Level 2

Thank you so much. By a stroke of luck, a team of Adobe from South Africa were in town and they were able to clearly explain everything. thank you all.

Level 1

Hi! I warn you that I'm a beginner on LC.

I'm on the point of installing LC ES. Just did that and tried to explore it using a beginner's tutorial (the one with mortgage appliacation).

When I wanted to use Workbench (the IDE) I realized that I don't have it.

It is supposed to come with LC ES installation kit? I downloaded and installed Update 1.

Did I miss smth during installation or I am supposed to take WB from somewhere else. I am not able to find it as a standalone product for download.

My big dillema is how can I get it, install it and set it to work with my current installation of LC ES.

Many thanks in advance to all of you!

Level 10

There is a separate install for Workbench.

I'm not sure where yuo got the files from , but you should have a server and a workbench install.

Jasmin

Level 1

Resolved it! In the same package downloaded from adobe there is a setup for the server and a different setup for the wb ide, as you pointed, just under a different folder. Just had to look more carefully.