• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add date of last update to page

New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to embed the file modification date of an html file into the content of the file itself - perhaps with a user variable or something? I want to have a "last updated" field at the bottom of each html page and ideally i'd like to "bake" this information into each file during compilation. I could probably do something similar with Javascript but that would be run when the user downloads the files and would also require requests between the server and client PC which is not really what i want.

I'm using RH 8 for Html and generating Webhelp pro output.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

In thinking further on this it occurs to me that what I proposed won't really work. What it will do is insert the current date into the topic.

I did a brief Google and found the following page that may help you accomplish this.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya - I've been looking into this as well and there are 2 things that will prevent this from working:

1) When RH generates the final output (in the !SSL! folder), the last modification date of those output files becomes whatever the date/time is at the time they were generated.

2) Even if i could get # 1 to work, I then do a robocopy operation to copy this output to sharepoint (where we host the help files) which sets the last modified date of those files on sharepoint to be the date/time of the copy on sharepoint (this seems to be different behaviour then when robocopy copies files to a local disk).

In anycase - what i really need is a way to "bake" this information before the files are compiled... unfortunately it looks like i'll have to manually do this with the Insert->Fields and Variables->Date method....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp