• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did images disappear from text boxes?

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finishing up on a project in RH6 after a 6 month layoff, so I'm a bit rusty! However, I just discovered that the images that I added to text boxes no longer show up when topics are generated or printed-out (they do show in the project manager view). Any clues out there? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to ask why you have images in text boxes but maybe I won't .

Perhaps instead you can elaborate on what you are seeing. Is there a placeholder for the image but no image or is there nothing at all inside the text box. Also is this only happening in the generated output (I'm assuming from your words this is webhelp?) in which case I'm wondering if this is a browser issue.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed the images in the top left corners of the text boxes to distinguish between different "tip" boxes used throughout my manual.

There isn't a placeholder for the image (jpg.). I wish I could recall right now how I did this, but somehow I was able to create the text boxes with the images "imbedded" - I can't click on the images alone. Yes, this is webhelp. The problem occurs when I either: view the topic in project manager (CTLR + W), generate the primary layout, or access the published version from the web. The text is still shown in the box, but the images aren't there. The only place the images still appear is directly in project manager. Sorry, I can't provide more info. I probably need to try recreating the same text boxes in order to figure out what's going on. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone is interested in adding a little "spice" to their text boxes, I did figure-out (remember) how to imbed images into text boxes.

• 1) Create an image and save as jpg. in your project folder
  • 2) Insert text box into desired topic(s)
  • 3) Right-click text box and select "text box properties"
  • 4) Under "Shading" tab, select color and then insert desired image under the "Pattern" section
  • 5) Under the "Repeat" section, select "No-Repeat" and keep the "Scroll box" checked-on

In this way, the image is imbedded as a pattern rather than an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting.

However, I might suggest the following amendment to your instructions:

RightOar wrote:

In case anyone is interested in adding a little "spice" to their text boxes, I did figure-out (remember) how to imbed images into text boxes.

• 1) Create an image and save as jpg. in your project folder (I'm thinking the image type makes no difference)
  • 2) Insert text box into desired topic(s)
  • 3) Right-click text box and select "text box properties"
  • 4) Under "Shading" tab, select color and then insert desired image under the "Pattern" section
  • 5) Under the "Repeat" section, select "No-Repeat" and keep the "Scroll box" checked-on

In this way, the image is imbedded as a pattern rather than an image.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're probably right - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp