• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Practice questions and quizzing in the same captivate piece. How do i do it?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the scenario:

I am creating a Captivate piece that has practice questions interspersed in the content that provide feedback to the learner. There is no review of the questions. just correct and incorrect feedback.  At the end of the same module i have a quiz.  The quiz does not provide feedback but there is a "resuls summary" and "review quiz" at the end of the quiz. the problem is that the "results summary" is showing the results of the practice questions.  how do i do it so that the results only show the results from the quiz and users only review the results of the quiz? I think it might not be possible and i might have to create the quiz as a separate Captivate.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set the number of points on the practice questions at 0 points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum, I tried that.  It solved one of my problems--it does not grade the practice items. However, I do  have other problems:

1) the summary page includes the number of practice items and quiz items in the results. I can always choose not to show # of questions answered but i think it is very useful for the students. i need to figure out a way to show only number of quiz items answered

2) the review button in the quiz results takes me back to the practice questions as well. I would hate to get rid of the review capability so i need to have this work a different way.

any other ideas out there? it looks like having the assessment in a separate Captivate might be the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, if you want to show the total number of questions and the answered questions on the score summary page, I think you'd better split the assessments. I do not know if it is possible to create a user variable to store only the the 'real' questions, if I had some time to explore that path (very busy for the moment).

Do you use a LMS?

Sorry not to be able to help you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources