• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Checks

May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have just been asked try and construct a page that will properly print checks from a query. We have blank 8.5 / 11 inch check stock paper (3 checks per peice, perferated). I was wondering if anyone else has done this kind of thing, and if so, how did you pull it off. I know the margins have to be very exact (down a hundreth on a inch) so you have to be very careful. I was thinking to limit cross browser rendering problems to just generate a PDF, but I havn't done that before and wanted to know what my options might be.

I have heard people talk about using the report builder for this type of thing, but

1) Report builder refuses to work for me, I have RDS installed and set up, but it will not connect.

2) The query that powers this page is actually a web service callout to another site (Salesforce) and hence I don't think report builder knows how to deal with that.

So if you have any ideas, please let me know as I am at a bit of loss where to start. Thank you.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report Builder is a good choice and you can pass a query at runtime so you're no tied to work with the query that you use to design your report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,

Well I gotta figure out why it refuses to work then I suppose.

I always get the error

"A connection to the RDS Server could not be establishes because the webserver was unreachable".

I've tried local host, and severa of the urls this box hosts. RDS is on in the consol, and the proper portions of the web.xml are uncommented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably the ports are not set right or the web root. Take a look at the configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation