• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word wrap in closed caption

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the sentence to wrap to the 2nd line for the closed captioning or scroll though the text? I have the lines set to 2.

thx

TOPICS
Audio and video , Getting started , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Closed Caption editor, you have to manually split your caption text into "rows". Once you click the button to insert a new row, you can copy/paste or manually type each row of caption text. Adjust the timing of each row of text by moving the slider for each at the top of the editing window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The width of the closed caption movie is fixed and hence the closed caption text will automatically wrap once the length of characters exceeds the width of the closed caption movie clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread but I found it looking for an answer to a different question. Others may come as well.

The width of captions is fixed but the text does not automatically wrap at the end. The letters sort of stack.  At least that is the way it always displays for me within Premiere.

To get the text to wrap in Adobe's captioning window, it's necessary to insert manual line breaks. Hit Enter/Return when you need a line or row to end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources