• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to add dynamic jquery fields into DB

New Here ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the script from: http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2009/2/19/Using-jQuery-to-add-form-fields to dynamically add fields to a form.  I am having trouble actually inserting the fields into a DB.  It seems that the field name is the same each time so they just get combined into one variable.  For instance, if field 1 is "John" and they add another person and his name is "Frank" field1 becomes, "John, Frank".

I have a few more fields then that, so I am unsure how to proceed.  Anyone have any ideas or code samples that have worked for them?  Essentially I am trying to loop through the form and insert each additional field seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks a ton

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested loops.  Outer loop is your formfields.  Inner loop is each field (treat them as lists).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!  I am still stuck as to exactly how this will be done. My form is as follows:

Type:

Price:

Unite:

Name:

and users can add another product etc so there will be more fields for each additional product (which all seem to get truncated as a comma seperated list in the form value)

Here is what I have so far, after the form is submitted:

<cfloop item="key" collection="#form#">

<cfquery name="insertnote">
INSERT INTO Deals (type, price, unit, name) VALUES ('#form.type#', #form.price#, '#form.unit#', '#form.name#'  )
  </cfquery>

</cfloop>

I honestly don't use loops like this very often so I apologize for having a lack of understanding.  I know you mentioned making them nested loops but I dont' know how to do it and have it successfully insert the appropriate data.  Everytime I try it doesnt come out right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully, each time the user adds a product, something is appended to the end of every form field.  It becomes very easy.  In fact you don't even need nested loops.

<cfloop from = "1" to = listlen(form.name) index = "i">

<cfquery name="insertnote">
INSERT INTO Deals

(type, price, unit, name)

VALUES

('#listgetat(form.type, i)#', #listgetat(form.price, i)#, '#listgetat(form.unit, i)#', '#listgetat(form.name, i)#'  )
</cfquery>

Also, cfqueryparam for a number of reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation