Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Cs4 And Windows 7

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is cs4 incompatible with windows 7?

i installed it all successfully and when i try to run the program, the liscense agreement pops up and i click agree, then i just get the error sound and the program never starts up

I do run it as a administrator

and other adobe programs seem to work just fine on my pc

By the way, i have the trail version of cs4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you've answered your own question...? :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded it yesterday
i still have another 30 days left
the program just won't start for some reason
and i'm asking if its windows 7
because photoshop runs just fine with windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 ??? what or who is windows 7 ?

are you beta testing new windows software? it does not pop up in the AE CS4 min. rec. sys. specs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandon, please understand that nobody will be able to help you on that. W7 may look and feel like Vista, but it isn't. Hence nobody can give you any guarantees that a software not officially developed with it in mind will run on it. If you don't know which buttons to push, you're on your own, mostly. As a minor, try to launch the Adobe Licensing Service manually and unblock it in your firewall. This may help. Also check, whether your Users\All Users\AppData and similar directories are fully accessible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2009 Feb 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,
i was just making sure if anyone else had the same issues, because other adobe programs work just fine with windows 7, except for after effects

But i appreciate the help Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with After Effects on Windows 7 (64-bit), too. I'm running the release candidate and AE fails to start up. It displays the splash screen but then never finishes starting. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Bridge, Flash and Flex are all working OK so it appears that it's just an After Effects problem. Too bad, because I'm very pleased with my experience with Win 7 so far. It's still early days but, in general, it appears to run better than my Win XP x64 installation. I guess I'll have to boot back into that old OS for running AE.

David Salahi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your graphics card settings and driver? Most such failures are related to the GPU sniffer producing nonsense results due to the drivers still being Betalized. Also try to manually turn off some of the fancies for Aero and such. I'm not sure, since I'm staying away from W7 for the time being (just got a new core7i with Vista 64 and not feeling adventurous), but you may also need to work your way through that changed media handling stuff and Quicktime. I tend to think there is certainly some "legacy" switch for DirectDraw CoDecs in the control panel somewhere. Just a few random thoughts on the matter, of course, but may be a starting point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your graphics card settings and driver?

Mylenium,

Your suspicion was right on. In my case, the problem turned out to be the ATI Gamer OSD (on-screen display) software.  I uninstalled it and now After Effects is working fine on Windows 7 RC.

Thanks for the tip!!

David Salahi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out!

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need some help! i have installed win7 and after effects cs4 and activated, but the window telling me that it;s going to install some codecs never appears. same with Soundbooth CS4. Can you tell me what the problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2009 Oct 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is a general solution that has worked for me with a number of programs that stopped functioning under Windows 7: run the programs in Administrator mode. Right-click on the program or shortcut and do Run as administrtor.

Hope this helps,

David Salahi

http://artistic-webdesign.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found out the solution to this problem.

The problem is the video codecs, install klite player 6xx x64 or x32 depending on operating system you work on.

Download the klite player 6xx update, install 3ivx_MPEG-4_502_trial_win, and your problems are history.

gr peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines