• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 7/8, RoboHelp 8 and Captivate 4 Preloader Issue

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synopis: I have been unable to get the captivate preloader to display in WebHelps (published and accessed over the internet) with IE 7 or 8. It displays fine in Chrome and FF.

The problem seems to be caused by the code RoboHelp writes for Captivate.

If you look at the output of a Captivate HTML file, there is a div there <div id="CaptivateContent"> </div>

• If you add a captivate movie via RoboHelp, the preloader will not display in IE.
  • If you add a captivate movie by importing the HTML file, the preloader will not display. When you import a Captivate HTML file, RoboHelp writes code to the div (see below for the code).
  • If you add a captivate movie by importing the HTML file, edit the HTML and remove the code between <div id="CaptivateContent"> </div> the preloader will display

Can someone confirm this for me (to ensure it is not my setup), and if so confirmed, does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Donal

<div id="CaptivateContent">

<p align="center"><object id="Captivate" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

data="movie.swf" width="800"

height="640">

<param name="movie" value="movie.swf"  />

<param name="quality" value="high"  />

<param name="flashvars" value="variable1=value1"  />

<param name="wmode" value="window"  />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#F1F4F5"  />

<param name="menu" value="false"  />

</object></p>

</div>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small addendum to this - if you want to use this 'method', publish the help before removing the code - otherwise the SWFs will not get published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Another possibility would be to simply import the files created by Captivate.

• HTML
  • SWF
  • JS

Then link to the Captivate HTML page. If you wanted to present the content inside an existing topic, you could use an Inline Frame (IFRAME) to do it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

That's what I did - sorry if that wasn't clear. When you import the HTML file generated by captivate the other two files are automatically pulled in.

Thanks,

Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Rick I realize now what you are suggesting (apologies!). I tried that and it works better than my solution.

Still doesn't explain why two supposedly complementary products are not getting on!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Donal,

Here's another possible solution. The following works for me using Cap. 4 and RoboHelp 5.

In Captivate 4:

1.  Choose Edit>Preferences

2.  Select Publish Settings

3.  Select the checkbox next to skin under Externalize Resources.

4.  Publish  - (two .swf files will be created:  yyy.swf and yyy_skin.swf)

In RoboHelp (I'm using version 5)

1. Add both the .swf files created by Cap. 4 as baggage files

2. In the TOC, attach the yyy_skin.swf to the table of content item

Not only does my preloader work this way, but the main .swf file seems to load so much faster when on the server.

Belinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp