• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently joined a documentation team and am coming back to robohelp after 8 years away from it, so please bear with me if my questions seem very basic. I'm also inheriting an existing project that I updated using RH7. After passing the project over to our configuration team, they did their magic and hooked it up to our software. However, the WebHelp doesn't open correctly. There are many issues, but the initial one is that the page opens with 3 frames rather than 2. The TOC appears in the first frame and the remaining 2 frames display "Error 404--Not Found From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found"

I believe one main issue is that it was part of our existing business process to change the default for the Select Output Folder and Start Page to a different directory. Another issue may be that the project I inherited has a space in the name, but I honestly don't know if that is an issue or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2008 Oct 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Webhelp is three frames, the toolbar, the TOC and the topic.

I take it you are seeing two frames for the topic. If that does not happen when you open the startpage, then it is something that the configuration team are doing wrong. The fact that you generated to a folder other than the default should not affect anything, provided you generate (as opposed to publish) to a local folder.

Spaces have caused some issues in RH7 but that was fixed in a patch. I doubt it would cause this problem.

Have the configuration team all the files and folders generated. Sometimes they think only some are needed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I'm seeing 3 vertical frames plus the tool bar. I think the issue is with configuration. Which *.htm file should my configuration team use to launch help? We haven't set up context sensitive help yet, so only the launch page is an issue. Currently, the team launches an htm file in the WebHelp folder, basically the file that's listed in the Select Output File and Start Page field in the project's properties. I read elsewhere online that this isn't truly the start page. Can you confirm what should be the start page for projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you read that is not the start page. The file that you define in the first field on first page of the wizard is your start page.

A good name for it is index.htm as that is the most common launch page for a web site so your developers understand it. Be aware that RH creates two similarly named files and you must not confuse your startpage with those. Look in the output to see what I mean.

Send an image via my site if you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue was not due to Robohelp configuration, but the tool used to promote the files to our server. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp