• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail Images?

May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to insert images as clickable thumbnails? So, when a user clicks 'click here to see larger image' the image displays in a larger size?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes this is possible. What you do is to create two versions of each image. One is the thumbnail and the other is the full size image. You then create links from the thumbnails to the larger images.

There are a variety of ways to approach this. Without knowing more it's hard to direct.

For example:

• Do you want the user to click and see a popup of the image?
  • Do you want the user to click and see the image drop-down below the thumbnail?
  • Do you want the user to click and see the image in a new window?
  • Do you want the user to simply display the larger image as if it were another topic?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

A bit more info, I'll be outputting WebHelp from RH 8.

I don't want a popup or a new window. So, am I left with using a DHTML link.

I really just want the larger image to appear next to the thumbnail. Has the hotspot functionality changed for the good. I was always disappointed when white space was reserved for the popup image, leaving a gaping hole in the non-expanded layout.

Again, thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

If you are referring to the RoboHelp Popup method, hopefully you realize you may specify the dimensions of a Popup. You may see a small white border, but nothing hugely large or unsightly. (Unless you just WANT it that way. )

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, not the popup...

I don't have RH in front of me, so please excuse my lack of accurate terms. I'm talking about the DHTML feature that allows me to specify that an image should expand/contract upon a user click. In the past, when a graphic/text was marked dynamic so it rolls up/rolls back upon click, the white space required for the expand appeared even in contracted view. This could be old news (v5).

If this description doesn't suffice, I'll get the actual terminology and get post a more helpful query.

Again, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp