Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open new Table of Contents

New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My help site consists of many merged projects in one TOC. I would like to have one book in my TOC, that when click on would open up a new separate TOC. I've published a new project to the server that is not merged. I know you can make a Book with Link, but not sure what the URL of this link would be as I am not linking to a .htm page, but rather a project with its' own TOC. Is this possible with one installation of RH ? Hope I am making sense in describing what I am trying to do.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You should be able to make it happen. The trick, however, will be to coax the new system to display and occupy the entire window (assuming that's what you want).

Basically what you need to do is enable the Book with link opton. Then at the bottom of the TOC node, click the down arrow and choose Web Address.

tmp1.png

Once you do this, just type the URL of the WebHelp Start Page of the other system into the field.

There are a couple of wrinkles I might imagine you could encounter.

1. If you are linking from a book with no topic pages inside, it will likely render in the WebHelp as a page. This is because a book normally contains pages. And if there are no pages nested within it, the WebHelp generation process will likely just render it as a book.

2. You may need to futz about with different options in the Advanced tab in order to coax the behavior you want.

tmp2.png

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Think I got it figured out now. For my new project, I turned on "Show Navigation Pane Links in Topics". Then from my original project, when I click on the book I can at least get the hyperlink to show the new TOC. Clicking on that hyperlink will then give an address url in this format: http://robohelp/robo/projects/newbook/newbook.htm#page1.htm

So I went back to my original project and copied & pasted this url to set it as the remote url. So this second site with its own TOC also has its own Index and Search, which is perfect.

There may be a totally easier way to achieving what I've done, but I'll see how this goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want one TOC to close and another to open in the same window - Good luck!

OR

You want a book in the TOC to have a link that opens another output in another Window? I would have thought creating a link to the target outputs start page would do that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

I want to have a book that basically links to another book with its own TOC - not a .htm start page. My solution that I posted seems to work for me right now. Let me know if there's any problems I may run into

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp