• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Snowball Mic and Captivate

New Here ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the Blue Snowball (USB) Mic to use with Captivate. It's properly configured through windows and works in other Apps, but it not working in Captivate.

Please advise
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi MissDona and welcome to the community

Well, I see you are totally new here, so my guess is that you logged into the forums after noticing the issue. Had you done this prior to purchasing the mic, you could have performed a search and discovered that USB microphones are often troublesome with Captivate. We typically recommend using the type of mic that has the little phono plug like you typically see at the end of earbud headphones and plugs into the Walkman, IPod or other MP3 type player.

Perhaps returning to the store and exchanging for this type of microphone (or headset speaker mic) is an option?

Sorry, but I have no "easy button" solution for the USB mic. I only know from reading posts that they are frequently not recognized by Captivate. I've also seen reports where Captivate recognizes them off and on. Maybe they could record audio once or twice, then it suddenly stopped.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources