• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 1.5 arrow keys

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the scroll buttons (the arrow keys) work for a while (maybe 45 minutes) then they will all of a sudden not work at all. Similar for the pgup and pgdown. Restarting DE fixes this, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem. And, I am sure that I am in the program itself, because I click it to make sure, I think this may be some kind of bug. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short Answer:
When this happens try clicking with the mouse in the content area, and it should fix it.

Long Answer:
There are certain areas that can gain focus and will "eat" the navigation commands, and it isn't always obvious when those areas have the focus. For instance the text controls for the current page and find. However the worst is probably the book information display in the table of contents.

Please tell me if clicking in the content area doesn't fix, I'd be interested in trying to track this down farther.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking in the content area unfortunately doesn't work. But like I mentioned earlier, restarting does fix the problem. But it happens just from time to time, but usually after a good while, so it's not bothersome, just noticeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem; it does not seem connected to focus (clicking anywhere on the application does not make a difference). It seems to happen primarily if I have switched to another application and back while digital editions is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to happens to me like that as well, I'm glad it isn't just my computer.:-P I am also starting to notice bugs with the find, as it will just lead you to the page the word is on and you have to do a manual search of the page for it.XD I hope these get fixed in the next version. *crosses fingers*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um lol that second smiley face appeared on its own lol those are not my sentiments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem scrolling a page with the down arrow.

I also have a Wacom Bamboo tablet, so I tried scrolling using the page scrolling area on the tablet. Same thing. After a few minutes, the page no longer scrolls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this exact same problem too. I read the book on the bus ride to work (about 40 minute ride). I get 30 minutes of reading it, and like clockwork the arrow keys stop working. As stated above shut-down and restart gets them working again. It is 100% recreate, every morning and night arrow keys work most of the bus ride, but at some point toward the end will stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheldon, this is all books, right? Not just one particular book?

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user of digital editions and have only tried one book so far. I have been reading this same book daily going on 2-3 weeks now and have hit the "arrows stop working" consistently each and every day. They work fine for the 20-30 minutes and then stop.

I will give more feedback when I try reading additional books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys on Mac, Windows or both?

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2008 Nov 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It happens to me too. Arrow keys stop working after maybe 45 minutes or so. I am using a Mac with leopard, DE v 1.6.934.

I really hope this is gonna be fixed in the next release since this is annoying.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely the worst piece of software I have dealt. All these problems listed in these forums, and, specifically this, after SIX MONTHS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAVE NOT YET BEEN CORRECTED. AND, FROM THE COMMENT, OF THE ADOBE ENGINEER, IT SEEMS THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY IN HECK DO THEY DUMP ON CUSTOMERS SUCH A PIECE OF ANNOYING JUNK? TO STOP ANSWERING KEYBOARD COMMANDS IS ABSOLUTELY UNNACEPTABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have another problem in that every time I start the "application" (does it deserve this name?) it copies again the original file. I have already 20 copies of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have same problem whenever you are reading a any book after a while the the down arrow stop working. this happen any book that you reading and only restarting the read temporarly solve the problem. I am running the digital editions 1.5 on windows vista business edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DE 1.7 on Windows XP and have experienced the same problem. I have XP Media Center edition on my laptop and Professional on my desktop and it happens on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread about the same bug is located here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7365b

I just thought I would link these together, and try to keep the information connected. I'm surprised this bug has been around for so long; it must really be nestled somewhere deep for you guys and gals to not have found it yet. That, or you're understaffed/overworked and haven't found time to track it down :P

Regardless, good luck to the devs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya, same problem. windows vista. annoying problem, makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same problem on two different computers, both running Windows XP.  Please give an update on the status of this bug.  It's extremely frustrating to pay for protected content (digital textbook in my case) that only works on one type of reader and to find that that content is hardly useable because of bugs in the software.  I have to constantly close out Digital Editions, restart it, resize the text and find my place.  Again, very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Digital Edition 1.7.1, the very same problem still persists. Too bad I can check out most of the e-books from the library only in Adobe DRM format, I would never every buy an e-book with Adobe DRM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happens. OS X 10.6.1 and DE 1.7.1.10. Arrow keys stop working but scrollbar arrows work (with the mouse).

No amount of mouse-clicking or other gestures cures this; must restart DE.

I also just posted this in response to another thread; sorry about the duplication.

- D -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a little more complicated than previous posts show. When holding the down arrow key pressed doesn't seem to produce an effect, it actually does, as can be seen when restarting the application. The last page viewed will be centered in the view, but at a location that seems to be affected by the amount of time the down arrow key was pressed before exiting the application.

It therefore seems to be a problem in the drawing part of the application, as the internal reference to which section of the page is shown on the screen is correctly updated.

I also recently posted this in a related thread.

Regards,

Anders

PS. I am using DE 1.7 on Win XP professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem more than 2 years after original post.

The developers should be ashamed of themselves.

This software is garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest 1.7 edition, it's nearly Xmas 2010 and still this problem hasn't been fixed.

To Adobe: Your homepage states we'll 'get answers fast'.

If you want people to read in DE, fix this problem. Otherwise people will purchase ebooks in alternative formats. 

Please do the professional thing and fix this.

If you don't look into this you aren't doing your job properly... and what goes around comes around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines