• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directory Listing from UNIX svr?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using cfdirectory to try to display (on my web page) the contents of a folder on a UNIX server. On that UNIX server permissions are set using SAMBA to allow full access to my web server.

Problem is the listing brings up nothing. it works just fine when I point the directory listing to a windows server.

This is a first for me so I'd appreciate any and all help.

-Rod

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double and triple check all the permissions on the Unix server AND the SAMBA configuration and then kick the SAMABA share, I.E. refresh it...

We have a lot of particular troubles with our SAMABA where the admin has to go in a couple three times to get it to recognize a new share and give up the goods to the proper users.

But why are you bothering with the SAMABA anyway?  Is there some reason not to just go directly to the server in question with //unixServer/directory/path in your <cfdirectory...> tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here is what my tags look like:

<cfdirectory = "//unixserver122/incoming/mertix/north_division" 

Sort="datelastmodified desc">

where it says unixserver122 I actually have the IP... I just dont want to post it on here.

When I point the <Cfdirectory tag to a Windows based machine I get the directory to pull up just fine. Is there something I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dan says, case sensitivity and permissions are the first two things to check, but I do what you are trying to do with syntax you are showing (except I use server names rathen then ip addresses) all the time.  We have a mix of Unix and Windows servers here and have no trouble reading accross the network just like that.

Just make sure when looking at permissions, if they are being locked to particular user and|or groups that the CF server trying to run the <cfdirectory...> is running as a user that has permissions.  By default a Windows CF server is configured to run as 'localSystem' which has plenty of read permissions to the Windows server it is on but none to any other network resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web server has been granted the pemissions to read the files on the UNIX server via a username and password...

Are there any permission set i need to adjust within CF Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "your web server"?

What exactly has been given what permission?

Are you talking about the user that your ColdFusion Windows Service as been configured to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be because unix is case sensitive and windows is not.

Or it could be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help guys, but I still cant see the directory listing.

Are there any permissions/settings/web services within CFA that I may need to configure?

Right now my webserver (which hosts IIS, CF etc) has read and right permissions to the UNIX server that is running SAMBA, and using Windows explorer I can see/modify files and create directories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Coldfusion runs as the Local System account by default on Windows and

I think that the local system account can access only anonymous

shares.

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation