• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a window while working in another...

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I am writing from Argentina and I have just investigating Adobe Captivate.

I would like to record a Videochat Window (audio, text, and images) while working in another windows... answering my emails, coding with Dreamweaver, etc., etc. Is that possible?

I really tried but it was captured my activity on screen and not a specific application.

Please, advice!

Best regards,

Mamoyano

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed Captivate will normally expect to record the active window where you are working. No way I can think of to work past that I'm afraid. Perhaps another clever soul here can offer up a way to do it.

It also strikes me that you might be thinking you could use Captivate to surround something such as a YouTube video window and record video that way.

That one is totally "iffy" and likely won't produce the results you want. That is, if it records at all. Many of the players use a specially layered window that is difficult to capture.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually you have an option in the Video chat software to record the session andd export it as an avi. I've done that in the past. FMV in Captivate may be an option but I'd look into using Video chat software with a record session option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources