Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with expiring client scope

New Here ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a website that uses the client scope for its shopping cart. Im having a problem with expiring the client scope. What happens is when I make changes to the site that effect cookies, people who havce old cookies or client on there system get an error message and I for the life of me cannont figuer out a way to have the scope say expire when they leave the page or close the browser.

THanks for any help.

Mike.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the web being stateless, it's not easy to auto-logout if a person just 'leaves' your website - the server just doesn't know they've gone.  If they actually 'log out'  you 'could' clear all their cookies using the cookie scope, but other than that maybe set a short expire on the client scope so that if a person does leave your site it won't be long before they time out and have to get new client vars next time.

By the way, the client scope is not encouraged by Adobe (or so I seem to remember in the past).  Is there any reason you need to use it?  Would the session scope be more suited?  I KNOW it's faster, but not persistent unless you serialise the session scope via wddx (which you can do - emulating client scope when needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation