• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp X5 and my Microsoft Office Pakage

New Here ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years ago I used my Robohelp X5 to create and to update an extensive helpfunction.

Now I have to update the helpfunction since the system has been updated.

In the three years I have updated Microsoft Office to Office 2007.

Trying to use RH X5 gives a message that the word version has to be downgraded.

What is the best I can do?

Hans Gerlach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your only options are to upgrade RoboHelp or downgrade Word. There are no workarounds.

If you downgrade, the chances are you will need to reinstall RH and then you will hit another problem. You can no longer reactivate RH X5. See Snippets on my site for the solution on that one.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I was told that I "can still use RHX5 with Word 2007 installed provided I never want to use any of the Word functionality, including importing of Word documents (which I don't do) or the Printed Documentation single source layout" (I don't use this either). Is this correct? My projects are in RHX5 HTML Help and the only things I import are picutres (.jpg).

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Ronald G. Hyson

Northrop Grumman Information Systems

Defense Systems Division

468 Viking Drive

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Phone: 757-498-5667

Fax: 757-498-5670

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, yes I believe that is correct. I wrongly assumed from the question that you needed to use Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Hans, I have not upgraded to Office 2007 - yet....but I will have to soon so I haven't seen the problem. I was trying to find out what I needed to do with my Help project when I am forced to upgrade to Office 2007. I might have additional info in a couple of months, when the dirty deed is done

Ron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp