Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Forms in PDF

Level 1

I have a pdf form which was created using Adobe 4.0(may be planet pdf not sure).

Anyway, I have a complex problrem. I have copied the old pdf file to a new pdf file as I need to increase the distance between the two fields. The fields are static field. I tried doing this using Adobe LiveCycle, and the problem I am facing is that I loose database binding when I save the new pdf file.

Basically the following I want to accomplish:

to

From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone done something like it? I will more than happy to share the file.

Please let me know.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The attachment is showing as queued which means that the virus scan software has not released it yet. It is a PDF so you can open it with any PDF viewer (Reader/Acrobat). If you want to modify it then you must use Acrobat. Once it is open, choose the Tools/Advanced Editing/Select Tool option. All fields wil highlight and be in edit mode. You can grab the field and resize it as you see fit. You cannot affect the text in your doc this way. To do that use the TouchUp Text Tool (on the same menu).

Paul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

Publish the form ....Acrobat 4 did not have XFA support so I do not know what you have there.

Paul

Level 1

Attach is the file. In this file, all I want to expand the  From                                         To    

in the Schedule section to fit about 30 characters long text.

Thanks for your help.

Former Community Member

That form is an AcroForm. You can either modify it in Acrobat Pro (like I did) or convert it to an XFA form. The change you need is so small that I did it  in Acrobat.

Attached are my adjustements.

Paul

Level 1

I am sorry If I am bothering you. But how do I open the file? and also what steps did you follow to make the change. I want to document it for future references.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The attachment is showing as queued which means that the virus scan software has not released it yet. It is a PDF so you can open it with any PDF viewer (Reader/Acrobat). If you want to modify it then you must use Acrobat. Once it is open, choose the Tools/Advanced Editing/Select Tool option. All fields wil highlight and be in edit mode. You can grab the field and resize it as you see fit. You cannot affect the text in your doc this way. To do that use the TouchUp Text Tool (on the same menu).

Paul

Level 1

Thank you very much for help. Both options in the Advanced Tool resolve my problem.

Level 1

I have another question, I want to arrange the tab order in the same file to make it 508. Can you please provide me the instructions, how to do it?I very much appreciate your help.

Thanks

Former Community Member

I do not know how to do it in native Acrobat but I know it can be done. Look in the help I am sure it will show you.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks! I found a way to fix it by going to View/Navigation/Pages and the select properties of the page.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----