Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video after SWF to AVI conversion

May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a demo with audio in captivate 4, touched it up and want to use it in Powerpoint as avi. After the publish process using Indeo video 5.10 format the avi file has no video, only audio. Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have lots of the same kind of problems. I am a new user and athough plug an dplay it is a little more than this. I am having problems with the burning onto a CD-Rom-lots of flickering. Just pressing on to solve the issue. I have found it it to do with the Video mode. Intel selection. There is a drop down box with lots of choices, I chose the DV Video recorder and I was able to transfer onto a disc. But the Flickering. If you find a soultion let me know. Vice Versa.

Best Regards,

Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you can spare the time, would you mind reporting this issue to the Adobe Captivate team using the web address I have incuded below? A number of Captivate users have experienced problems with the AVI conversion and the more of these that get filed as bugs the better.

<a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5"><strong>Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form</strong></a>

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark

I will try the remove/recreate dat file and see what happens. I have sent a message to adobe as suggested.

Regards, Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

I have taken the file from the adobe captivate folder and in a preliminary test it now is working fine.

Thinking to the cause of the problem, I did have the captivate 4 trial version working. I did not delete the file from my PC. Could this be the problem?

I test today and let you know how I get on.

Best Regards,

Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

It is certainly a possibility, removing the .dat file does seem to cover a multitude of Captivate's sins. 

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, if the problem still can't be solved you can use iwisoft swf to avi converter to do the conversion. convert swf to avi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources