Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page not found error

New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with a help file I recently generated. It's running through a Linux web server (I only mention it because many of my recent problems have centred around a Linux Apache server-based application). When users click on a topic in the table of contents the following message comes up:

Help File - on line ... many pages missing link "Not Found" after software Update

Not Found

The requested URL  /help/system_configuration/system_date_and_time.htm was not found on this  server.

But when the same topic is located using the Search facility, the page can be selected and displays OK. I used WinSCP to check that the source file was in the right place and I also ran the help file from my own version of the product but did not see the issue.

The only difference between my system and the user's system is that mine was installed from a CD containing a full ISO build, while his was updated to the current build using a built in 'update' feature - so naturally I wonder if some files have been dropped or modified during the update process?

Has anybody else seen this problem before and do you know the solution. It's hard bug-fixing when your own version is behaving impeccably!!!

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you generate your WebHelp there is an option you should always consider selecting. It's labeled Use Lowercase File Names.

tmp1.png

I always suggest everyone enable this featue. After all, it does nothing for a Windows server but may help with a 'NIX box.

Perhaps try re-generating using that feature, re-publish and see what you get?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I always have that box ticked as a matter of habit - I've lerned that one the hard way! So it's not that. It's odd the way the package works from an ISO image but not from an update.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp