• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to other projects

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 captivate projects that i need to link all together (through buttons) and am not having any success at all.

In the button screen i choose to link to another project (making sure that the published swf files are in the same folder).

However when i publish the project and view it the buttons that should be opening up another project just loop the current project back to the beginning.

If i have a look at the buttons again (once published), the Project file name is changed from the new project to the current project i am in???

I also noticed in some cases that captivate was putting an 'f' at the end of the file name ... even when editing the htm file name and putting an f on the end it still does not work..... HELP!!!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen your specific problem, Kate, but I have had problems with "Open other project" since upgrading to Cp4 (worked fine in v3).

You might try using the "Link to URL or file" option instead, and type the name of the HTML file you're linking to instead of browsing for it in your file system. I've been using that successfully as a workaround.

- Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. When I moved my published Training to the network the files stopped linking. I went back into each captivate project and changed the file extention for "Link to URL or file". I changed this extention to the relative file path and it still does not work. I even tried typing the file name in instead of browsing with no luck. I need to get this fixed ASAP. I was supposed to have this on the server 4 days ago and I cannot figure it out. My own internal IT department cannot figure this out either. I have been working on this for months and it would be ashamed to hit a wall so strong.

PLESE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SnakeBite1  If you've deployed your content on a network server, as opposed to a Web server, then chances are you're having security issues with Flash Player.  I haven't had to deal with these issues myself, but I've heard a lot about them. You might search the Adobe forums for the terms "security", "sandbox" and "Flash Player" and see what turns up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that is not it I tried that long ago. I beleive this program has a bug and will not let you use relative paths. Such a waset of time.  They cant help when I call tech support, they cant help in this forum. I am at a loss and now have to explain why I wasted 2 months worth o work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there SnakeBite

If you are open to it, I'd be happy to try and work with you to resolve your linking issue. I could send you an E-Mail with a link where we could connect and I could observe your screen.

Of course I cannot guarantee that I can fix it, but odds are in your favor.

If that sounds like a possible solution, send me an E-Mail message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and I'll fire back a link. Please include a phone number where I can call and we may converse in real time.

And if you can't do this, no problem. Just thought I'd toss out the offer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the offer, i need to check with IT to see if they will allow this I will let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources