Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click, next slide no clicking sound

May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a bug, but just in case I am wrong.

I Captivate 4 if you do a right click box in training/assessment mode, the following slide if you have a click box it will not make a clicking sound. You can manually put one in after the learner clicks the box, but it is a little wacky.

Keith

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having created quite a lot of assessments in CP4, I just tried one to check your observation but could not reproduce this event. The clicking sounds are working as expected, even after a slide with a rightclick or a doubleclick trigger. Is this happening in Preview or/and after publishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Actually it does it for both preview and publishing. Also I have just discovered that right click is limited. If you would not mind taking a look at my setting (attached image). I can only get right click to work if it is publish with media settings. Shouldn't it still work for .swf if you are using AS2 and Accessibility is diabled.

Thank you very much for taking the time to try to solve my problem. I know it took some time to reproduce. Again, thank you.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will have to wait until you attached image is approved by the Adobe team (QUEUED). If you could attach the image right into the post (using the small camera in the formatting panel on top) it would not need this approval

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

settings.jpg

Thank you for the tip.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Keith, I see that you are publishing for Flash Player 10. If you surf a little around on this forum you will see quite a lost of postings about the not so happy 'marriage' between Flash Player 10 and Captivate 3. Are you using FP10 for previewing the CP-movie? I'm not sure, but this could perhaps be a possible cause for your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's not the problem. I also published this in flash 8, and 9. The only time the right click will work in in preview (but no click sound on the next slide) or as an .exe. Right click does not work for as a .swf at all.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about the Flash security settings (there is quite a lot posted about it too on this forum and you will find explanations at the blog-site of Captivate - blogs.adobe.com/captivate)? Are your CP-movies published on a LMS? From my personal experience, I know that loading up on a LMS as a SCORM-object makes the right click work. If I load up the HTM and SWF-files, it will not work, because the webserver, where those files are stored, has no qualification as a Flash-trusted site. Since I cannot influence this server, I load everything as a SCORM-object, even if it is a demonstration-CP-movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources