• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Project Folders

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the knowledge base and forums with no luck. I am probably just not using the proper search words!

I created a main RoboHelp project and as the product has evolved, I have written the additional documentation in separate Word docs and imported them into RoboHelp when the time came. Well the development team has changed the majority of the interface and now I need to change the documentation that has already been imported into RoboHelp.

Instead of having to update each topic one at a time, I would like to remove the folder(s) which contain this specific documentation from my RoboHelp project. It is easier sometimes to work in Word and re-import the complete section into RoboHelp than having to open each topic separately and replace all the graphics.

How do I remove a complete folder(s) from a project? The structure is as follows:
HTML Files (Topics)
CatalogRequest_files
Images
CatalogRequest_files
Multimedia
CatalogRequest_files
etc...........

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Gilley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006
Hi Gilley. You can't delete folders from a RH project in the same way as you can in Windows Explorer. What you have to do is delete the contents of the folder first and then delete the actual folder. By folder contents I mean topics, images, baggage files, multimedia files and style sheets. You'll see the folder structure duplicated in each section of the Project tab. Only when everything is empty can you right click on the folder and select the "Delete" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gilley. You can't delete folders from a RH project in the same way as you can in Windows Explorer. What you have to do is delete the contents of the folder first and then delete the actual folder. By folder contents I mean topics, images, baggage files, multimedia files and style sheets. You'll see the folder structure duplicated in each section of the Project tab. Only when everything is empty can you right click on the folder and select the "Delete" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

THANK YOU! I was wondering how to get the Delete option to activate. Now I know.

Gilley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2007 Aug 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have a folder that I deleted all the files within, and the delete option is still not available. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,

John Hinckley
Biotek Instruments
Winooski, VT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jdhinckley and welcome to our community

You need to do some sleuthing. Either the folder isn't truly empty or there is something in your project that is referencing something inside the folder. I'd open Windows Explorer to see if it's actually empty.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,
Thanks so much. That was it. Checking via WE revealed some hidden (& unused files).

Take Care,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to elaborate a bit, for colleagues who read this and haven't tried it before, we must

1. close the project,
2. open the Windows directory and delete the unwanted files,
3. relaunch the project in RH, and
4. delete the folder from the project.

Harvey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp