• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commas in index keywords

New Here ,
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried searching on this but found no answer so here goes. I'm using RH7. I'm adding new keywords to the topics rather than the index file. I want to have commas in the index--e.g., Smith, John--but RH is not allowing that. It's making Smith the keyword with John a subkeyword. What do I need to do to make this work? Add to the HHK file instead (which used to allow commas--at least in X5, which I just upgraded from)?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, you need to add the term to the HHK file using the Index Designer pod. You open it by expanding the Index pseudo folder found inside the Project Manager pod.

Cheers... Rick

Hi there

My guess here is that since X5 appeared WAY before IE7, it simply doesn't understand that IE7 remotely exists. Because it isn't recognizing IE7 (which you really can't expect it to) it's shifting automatically into NetScape mode.

You asked if there is a way to prevent it. I'm sure there is, but unfortunately I can't tell you how. It would require amending the JavaScript code X5 uses. As X5 is rather long in the tooth, this would likely appeal to a very select few users. The best option would be to upgrade RoboHelp to the latest version. Then again, I can understand if you aren't able to do that just yet.

If you can't do that just yet your second best option is to manually add the steps to the list. Depending on what other things you are doing, you might factor this into some batch job that does other things. Then it would be somewhat automatic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That's what I suspected, but was trying to avoid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp