Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Problem with Captivate

New Here ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I try now to use captvate 4 in the elearning suite since about two weeks but I can not solve the audio problem. It's not possible to record an audio file nor to build a Software simulation with captivate. In soundbooth there is no problem to record.

I run a HP HDX 16 Notebook with Intel Core Duo CPU P8600 @2.40 HGz
Vista Home Premium/64 bit   -  4.00 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

I already downloaded the actual driver for the Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT and made all the windows updates.

Also I did the update for the Adobe products in the help of captivate.

I tried to fix the problem with

regsvr32 NSAudio.dll    (NSAudio.dll - 544kb)    and

changed the NSAudio.dll to the 536kb version.

No use. I get the message that the modul NSAudio.dll is not compatible with this version of windows and that i have to test, if NSAudio is compatible with the 64-bit version of regsvr32.exe.

I have seen, that captivate is not certivied with Vista 64. Before I bought the software, I called the adobe support and they assured to me, that captivate will run without any problems on Vista64, it's only not certified.

I reported the bug to adobe already. Adobe only wants to give me support, if I buy a support programm.

Any Ideas?  I need quick help, because I have to work with the software.

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Adobe support assured you that CP4 will run on Vista 64-bit without any problems then they don't know what they are talking about.

Captivate 4 does not run on Vista 64-bit and the problems you are describing are identical to the ones I have on my Vista 64-bit system.

Read this thread for more info: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/437369?tstart=0

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources