Expand my Community achievements bar.

Java Bean object

Level 4

hi..

Can we create a java bean object in workbench and set properties in it through process? If yes, please provide, pointers to it.

Thanks and Regards

Ambika Mittal

6 Replies

Level 8

Do you mean using a custom Java object (with getters and setters) that you can use in your workflow?

Level 4

yes.. i need to access a java bean object(getter- setter methods) in a process. Let me know, if this is possible in workbench.

Scenario: The process is getting the needed values as variables. Need to set them in a java bean object which is customised.

Level 8

To get one of your own objects into a LiveCycle process (so you can create a process variable of your type) you will need to create a custom component.  Custom components allow you to create both services and java objects that can be accessed by LiveCycle.

In this case you would wrap your java object in a jar file that includes a component.xml file (this tells LC how to use your code).  If you include a <data-type> entry for your objects then you will be able to create variables of your objects type.

I wrote a couple of articles on creating custom components that may help: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/dsc_development_pt2.html

Level 4

hi...

thanks for replying... I read the articles, they are really helpful and solving my purpose... I will try with them..

Thanks and Regards

Ambika

Level 4

hi...

I tried creating a jar file... but I am facing problem, when trying to install the component.. Its throwing error and giving message as check eclipse log files...

I am not sure whether, I am creating jar correctly or not? Please, let me know, what are the files need to b checked for creating jar...

n is thr any other way of deploying jar...

Level 10

What's the message from the Eclipse log?

Jasmin