Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Followup to Displaying Topic HTML File Name

May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week ago I posted a question about whether it is possible to display the topic file name in the Web Address field.

Rick responded that it was not possible, but gave me a good alternative with a Javascript that displays the file path in the RH topic.

The only problem is that you have to go to each topic, add the Javascript and the file path information.

Is it possible to automate this process? Is there a way to have the Javascript automatically update the displayed topic location?

Thanks,

Chaim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm not sure what you are asking here. From what you posted it would seem you don't want to have to visit each topic to insert the script? I"m unaware of a way to cause an HTML page to simply display something without specifically adding it to the page.

Maybe someone else knows how to accomplish that. I certainly don't.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you not use FAR? http://www.helpware.net/FAR

It would need several passes to ensure the relative path to the JS file is correct.

First use FAR to get a list of all files where the relative path to the CSS is say "mystyles.css" and use that to insert the script reference where the path is "myscript.js"

Then do the same for "../mystyles.css" and use that to insert the script reference where the path is "../myscript.js" and so on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

This is the javascript you gave me.

<implicit_p><input type=text name=text onFocus="select()" value="C:\ASKI Release Notes\Training_Plan\Lesson_6\ASKI_SFA_General_Parameters\ActivationKey.htm" style="width: 696px;"

I would like to avoid manually entering the file path for each topic. Is there a javascript code would automatically display the file path and name?

You're right that I have to open each topic to insert the script, but it would make it much easier for me not to have to enter the file path as well.

Thanks,

Chaim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I really know very little about Javascript, so your response went way over my head. Please look at my response to Rick. If I your response answered my question, please explain it to me again.

Thanks,

Chaim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't looked at the whole thread when I suggested how you could add a reference to a javascript file. What you have posted as being the javascript that Rick gave you is not what I would have expected so I think it best that Rick takes a look at your response first.

He will understand my response and can comment on how it would fit.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Nearly overlooked this one after the long holiday weekend!

See if the link below helps any.

Click here to review a script that may help

Note that I'm not suggesting it be used "as is". What I'm suggestng is that you could pick apart the techniques to accomplish what you are wanting to accomplish. In other words, you probably have some homework to do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp