Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Robohelp 7 use installed browsers?

May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I am asking is because it is my understanding that IE 8 now recognnizes the position:fixed. But I have created a webhelp file with Robohelp 7 and when I run it in IE 8 the tags that I define as fixed are not fixed. But it works in FF. So I just wanted to know if Robohelp 7 has IE 5 built in or does it use the current version installed on my machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp simply creates webhelp that is rendered according to whatever browser is used to open it. So you produce it and distribute to many users. It will be rendered according to the browser they use.

Are you referring to the RH's browser used for Preview? I believe that is independent of your browser.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was just talking about IE 8. Although I have noticed that the browser Robo Help uses to preview does sometimes display things differently than FF but I don't really have a problem with that. I think that my problem is with IE 8. I guess I'll just include a note that tells about the different outlook in the different browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember that with IE 8 you can click the compatibility mode icon to

have a page display better - that might work for you if it shows ok in

IE 7.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp