• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Docx and doc to HTML in unix environment with CFMX7

New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web app that allows user to upload doc or docx files and converts it to HTML. I have CFMX 7 in a unix environment. Is there a custom tag that I could use for this conversion? I tried the cfx_word2html tag .. it converts .doc not docx. Please let me know. Thanks...

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key to handling Office docs is via the Apache POI tools/product, Ray Camden has a (typically) excellent post on thi, with examples, instructions, etc.

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2009/2/4/Reading-Office-documents-with-ColdFusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. This could be a good start for converting .doc or docx to html. But wondering about how the html formating would work?

Any ideas?

Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used the save as HTML feature before but it looks like you have some options to control the HTML results.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/com/aspose/words/saveoptions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been pleased with Aspose's Words component.  I use the .NET version, but a Java version is also available.  You could try using CFOBJECT plus the Words Java component to handle document conversion on your server.

http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/default.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a similar class that is open source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SRI22 wrote:

Is a similar class that is open source?

Not that I am aware of.  If anyone else knows of one, I too would be interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation