Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Problem with TaskReminderSent Event Handler

Level 3

Hello All,

I'm using TaskReminderSent asynchronous event handler to send remainder email to a particular person.  Now the requirement is, I have to send this reminder when two tasks occurs.  Lets say when a task A happens then i have to send the email and when task B happens then also i have to send the same email to the same person.

If I give only one task in the Filter Criteria, /MapContent/StepName = A, it is working.  If i try to give both A and B.  It is not working. like:

/MapContent/StepName = A

/MapContent/StepName = B

Probably the event handler is considering it as AND filter criteria instead of OR.

Is there any solution to this or do I have to create two processes for two different tasks.

I need one more help, Can anybody help me in understanding the reminder event that we configure on the server under email settings.  When it will be triggered and how the re-occurence will happen, till when it is going to happen, how exactly to configure it.

Thanks

Deepak.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I was wrong on that one.

You're right, the emails seem to go to every individual in the group.

It was like that at one point (send only one email). Probably in an earler version.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

I have not tried to see if it's treating it as and AND instead of an OR. If it the case, as a workaround, you could add two TaskReminderSent event receivers in the same process as oppose to have two separate processes.

"Can anybody help me in understanding the reminder event that we configure on the server under email settings".

Are you talking under Server Settings/Task Notification? This is where you define what the email will look like and if you want the data to be attached to the email.

Jasmin

Level 3

Hello Jasmin,

Thank you very much for your suggetions.

I tried your solution (using two recievers in one process), but i got a error.

Error Msg: "Failed to Add Event Start Point" - "TaskReminderSent has already been added to this process"

Actually my requirement is like this.  I have a process A, where i'll assign a task p to a user group.  Based on the Reminder setting in A, Reminder event will be triggered.  I have another process B where i'm using this TaskReminderSent event handler which is configured with the task name in A.  Whenever a reminder event is triggered for A, Process B also executes and sends email to a particular person x.  This whole scenario is working fine for one task p at A.

Now the problem is, I have to send the same mail to person x, when some other task q is assigned to a group.

I have my process B  as :

aaa.JPG

For the Task Design Approval it is sending reminder from A, but failing to send from B.  But for Budget Approval both are working.

I need one more clarrification:

When a task is assigned to a user group, eventhough reminder event is getting triggered nobody is getting the mail.  The ideal behaviour i expect would be all the group members should get a reminder message till the task is in the queue.  When somebody has taken the ownership, the reminder should go to that particular person.  Is it a bug or i'm missing some configuration settings.  I'm using LC 8.0.1.

Please guide me

Deepak

Level 10

Email notifications (task, reminder and deadline) are sent to the email associated to the group and not to every individual of that group.

One thing you can do is to create a mailing list that contains all the members of the group and use that mailing list as the group email address.

This will change in the next release, and it should send an email to every member of the group.

Jasmin

Level 3

Hello Jasmin,

Is it updated in 8.2.0 or it will be updated in further versions?

Thanks and regards

Deepak

Level 10

This will change in the next version.

Jasmin

Level 3

Hello Jasmin,

Right now i'm using 8.0.1, there if i go to usergroup configuration, there is email (restricted to 50 chars) and email aliases.  I did not find any option to create a distribution list.  If i enter the different groupmembers ids in the email aliases, will they get the mails.  Or is it not possible in 8.0.1

Thanks a lot

Deepak

Level 10

In the current release, you can only enter one email address for a group. You cannot enter multiple email addresses.

Since you can only enter one email address, the workaround would be to use a mailing list instead. That way every user that are part of this mailing list would receive the email.

You would have to create that mailing list on the mail server. LiveCycle doesn't create the mailing list for you. It only needs the email address to send the email notification.

Jasmin

Level 3

Hello Jasmin,

I'm using LC 8.0.1.  Actually i tried to implement your method.  I have given one email id for a group.  But when the task gets assigned to that group, that email is neither getting 'Task Notification' nor 'Reminder Notification'.  Is the same feature is not in 8.0.1 if no then what is use of email given for a group?

Thanks

Deepak

Level 3

Hello Jasmin,

I have upgraded my LC server to 8.2

>>> Email notifications (task, reminder and deadline) are sent to the email associated to the group and not to every individual of that group.

>>> One thing you can do is to create a mailing list that contains all the members of the group and use that mailing list as the group email address.

>>> This  will change in the next release, and it should send an email to every member of the group.

You have informed me earlier that the task assignment emails will not go to individuals of the group.  I think it is going to all the members of the group.  Under my LC adminui,

Home > Services > LiveCycle Process Management ES > Server Settings > Task Notifications ,

I have selected the 'Enable Group - Task Assignment'.
asdf
     And for the group configuration, I have not given Email and Email Aliases (By default it is sending to all the members of the group).  Whenever the task is assigning to the group, all the group members are getting the email.  (I remember that you were telling this feature will be implemented in the next version.  Is it the same feature or different feture you are talking)
asdf
Thanks
Deepak

Correct answer by
Level 10

I was wrong on that one.

You're right, the emails seem to go to every individual in the group.

It was like that at one point (send only one email). Probably in an earler version.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jasmin

Level 3

Hello All,

My issue got solved.

Thanks to one and all who has helped me in resolving the issue.

Deepak