Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing word documents - but losing all images which was in it

New Here ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to Robohelp and recently got hold of Robohelp 8.

I have already written a Help File for my company's recent product, and the help file was in word 2007 with a lot of screenshots of icons, buttons and dialog boxes pasted in it.

On importing the word document to Robohelp, none of these images are being imported and I cannot see any of them in the project view.

I wanted to use the link to word document feature so that i do not have to keep re-importing the document for any changes made - however, because the images are not being imported, i now have to add them manually to the project.

1 - this is tiring and very time consuming

2 - the project files to which i add the pictures are no longer updated from the word document if any of the text changes as the project is preserving the changes i made to the file (which was only adding the image manually). Kind of defeat the purpose of link to the word document.

HELP

I would really appreciate any help in

1 - How to import a word document containing images (screenshots, icons etc) without losing the images

2 - Keep the word document to update the project even after i add any images to the project manually.

Thanks

Nivekz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any spaces in the name of the word document try removing them or replace with a _

Erwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing the document as a PDF - this should work, only I found that the formatting doesn't come through very pretty this way.

I will try the other suggestion - removing spaces from file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From within Robohelp, go to File, import, PDF - so far this the only way

I've successfully been able to automate

the import of Word topics from Word doc. However, the content formatting

doesn't come in perfectly clean....

atleast from what I've experienced.

thanks,

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Thanks for the clarification.

Okay, so really what you are doing is identical to clicking File > Import > Word Document, because all you are doing by choosing PDF is pre-selecting PDF as the listed file types. Once you change it to point to Word documents it's no different.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp