Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption Box Overflow Problem

New Here ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a Captivate 3 project where we inherited the caption box format that we have to use. My problem is that when we insert the text into the caption box, it looks fine in the editing window, but when we go into preview mode, sometimes the text is overflowing the edge of the caption box. Is there a trick to making the text "fit" within the box. I've tried various things such as changing the size of the window, enlarging the caption box, but the text always wraps around. Please see attached pictures.

Text Box in Editing Mode - (text ok)

Text OK.png

Text in Preview Mode - (Overflows edge)

TextOverflow.png

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 3\Gallery\Captions (or wherever Captivate was installed) you will find there are 2 files for each caption type. A .bmp and a .fcm file

If you find your caption and open the .fcm file in notepad you will see you can change the margins for your caption.

However, once you've saved you'll have to go back into your Project and re-select the caption so it reflects the new settings.

(I think, from memory)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kerry

Close, but no cigar I'm afraid.

Basically once a caption type has been used it remains cached in the Captivate project. So in order to see the adjusted margins, you create a new project and use the Caption.

Or, save all the Caption images and associated FCM files as a different name. Then because you are using a different name for the captions the margins are reflected.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought that would prompt a response from you, Rick.

It was quicker than experimenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources