• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to link to a bookmark from an outside web page or email?

May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our application contains an FAQ page that is maintained by our developer. It is an HTML page. This page is updated frequently with many people reviewing and making changes. Questions need to be linked to from other places making them available to help desk people. We also want to be able to send a link to a particular FAQ in an email. In addition, the customer wants this page to be scrollable, so that we can't have each question be its own topic. This appears to eliminate map IDs as the solution.

I can't find anywhere in the RoboHelp help system or forums instructions for linking to a more specific spot than a topic when it comes to linking from another location.  Is it possible to use RoboHelp to maintain such a page?

Thank you for your help.

Laurie @ NGIS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yes, it's possible. Easiest if the output is WebHelp or FlashHelp.

What is your output type? If it's WebHelp or FlashHelp, do you want the full TOC and Toolbar visible?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for your reply. My output is WebHelp, and I do not want the full TOC and Toolbar visible.

Thanks so much.

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Then the process should be pretty straightforward and simple. Insert the bookmark on the page where you wish to link. Then create the link that points to the URL of the page followed by a #BookmarkName.

For example, I have a sample page at the link below:

Click here to see it

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/MonthlyScry/BookMark_Demo.htm (Link URL)

So I create a link pointing to the page at the bookmark at the link below:

Click here to see it

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/MonthlyScry/BookMark_Demo.htm#WarningLabel (Link URL)

See if that makes sense... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is making sense, Rick. My developer thinks it will work.

Thanks so much for your help. BTW, I love your questions and answers. Nice way to start my day this morning.

Have a great day.

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp