• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 HTML default image directory??

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i imported a robohelp for word project into robohelp 8 html it created an image directory, which is good... but now when i paste in new images they get autonumbered (which is good), but end up in the project root directory... so then i move them to the image directory, which is annoying but works.  but then when i start pasting in more images the numbering starts at 1 again, so to move them to the image directory i have to rename them first then move them, more annoyance... i have looked through all the settings i can find and don't see anything to specify either a default directory for new images or a numbering sequence control... is there such a thing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no way I'm aware of to influence this.

I know everyone works in different ways, so my way may not appeal to you. But here is how I personally approach images with RoboHelp. I use SnagIt, but you could accomplish the same thing using the supplied RoboScreen Capture application.

Capture the image and save it using a specific file name. I normally save my images to the folder where my topic lives. Then when I insert the image, I simply type the image file name into the dialog and poof! It appears.

Might save you some frustration.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i played with the robo screen capture thing also, that isn't much help as it wants to save stuff in some directory under my documents and i can't find a way to tell it to store them elsewhere by default... so using it i have to either save the snapshot somewhere else then paste it in, or copy it, close the screen capture tool (since rh doesn't want to get control back until it is closed) then paste... too many keystrokes and directory navigations each time to get the files where i want them in my project directory.

In this project I have LOTS of screen captures, it is very easy to just do alt-printscreen then ctrl-v to paste it in... but then it creates it in the project root so has to be renamed and then moved to the images or even the project subdirectory.  I seem to remember an older version of rh that did have a default director/filename setting for new images, but i don't see it in this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good practice in RH is not to paste in images. Use the Insert > Image menu option or its toolbar button.

This method ensures that the images will always appear in every output layout, in every viewer.

There are times when the easy way will come back and bite you, so take care to spend the correct amount of time in all major editing procedures, such as this one.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David - were you ever able to find a suitable solution to your image problem?  I'm experiencing the same thing and trying to fing a solution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no way to influence the location where images appear by default. The only solution is to add images as you want, then use the RoboHelp application to move them to where you want them to be.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp