• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 3 - audio editor does not launch

Explorer ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 3, on Windows xp sp3, and the audio editor will not launch at all.  I can only externally edit and import or update audio files.  Nothing happens when I select an audio file from the Library and choose "Edit with Adobe Captivate...".

Audio recording does work.

Adobe CS4 is installed on this machine, so I considered that might be a conflict - however, I believe I have run Captivate 3 on a machine with CS4 without this issue.

Here is an unanswered post on the same issue from last November.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/35887#35887

Does anyone know of a fix?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say "Adobe CS4", are you meaning the Creative Suite? Or do you mean Captivate 4?

If it's Captivate 4, I also have the same issue. I'm unaware of a resolution at the moment.

Assuming your setup is like mine, you should consider reporting this to Adobe as a bug.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Rick - I do in fact mean the Creative Suite.  I was thinking it may be a conflict along the lines of others when different "level" Adobe products don't quite work together well, as in the case of Cp3 FMR preview not working in Flash Player 10.

Thank you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still limited to working with external audio editors - if anyone has solved a similar problem, I am interested in hearing from you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would suggest that you take a look at this post.

<a href="http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/adobe_captivate_4_installation.html">Adobe Captivate Installation Issues on Microsoft Windows XP</a>

It might be that you are encountering an issue with your Windows Registry.

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Try to delete this file :-

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate\captivate_v30.dat

This will clear all the UI location/size preferences. Now when you start captivate it start afresh.

Might do the trick.

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources