• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 settings or preferences?

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 8 to publish eManuals.  The eManual topics are created in MS Word.  We have Robo on two computers.  When the project is opened on one computer, topics display as they would in Word with margins set for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.  When the project is opened on the other computer, the topics have no margins.  I know it has somethings to do with Robo settings on the second computer but I can't find any place to change them.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you using RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

To my knowledge there are no settings that govern this. At least none you are able to change from the editing environment offered by RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought to add to Rick's earlier repsonse...

You say the "margins" are different which seems to indicate that you are looking in a word document. Are you saying that the output generated from the RH project (via the Printed Documentation single source layout) has different margins? Or are you really using the RH for Word application? Perhaps you can capture an image of what you are seeing and attach it here using the Insert Image (camera icon) on the toolbar.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments Colum.  Here is a topic as it appears on one workstation:

robo8 screenshot.png

Here is a topic from the same project on the other computer:

RoboHelp 8 screen shot.png

I appreciate any input.

~Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the settings in File > Page Setup? maybe the settings on that topic is different.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, here it is one computer 1:

robo8 screenshot2.png

Here's computer 2:

RoboHelp 8 screen shot 2.png

Both say Letter, 8.5x11, portrait, with .5in left and right and .25in top and bottom.  Weird, huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

From what I'm seeing of the two images things are perfectly normal. It would simply appear that the RoboHelp Editing area is smaller in the first image.

You have to keep in mind that text is intended to flow. It really has no right margin. The width of the page defines that. Remember, the browsers and the help viewer are resizable. If the user maximizes the window, the text typically reflows to accommodate the new width. Same goes if the window is resized to become narrower.

In the world of printed output (Which Microsoft Word is intended to work with) it makes total sense to lock both edges of the text, because that's how it ends up when it's printed. But in the on-line world, there are a great many variables and unknowns to consider.

If you want, you can configure a specific width. I worked with that in a different post yesterday. I'll place the link to that thread below.

Click here to read the thread

Happy Friday... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick and Colum.  I think we've got it solved now.

~Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp