• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulating a mutiple line text entry-what is the better approach?

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brand new to Captivate but hail from a past Authorware background. I'm creating an exercise where the user must add 5 individual terms to a list.

I'd like to accomplish this with one text box but it looks like I am going to have to have 5 separate slides and swap things such that on entry 2 I show entry 1 and on entry 3 I show entry 1,2 etc.

Also-I need to switch the text in the entry box. I'm going to reserach the manual on this as I am sure I am missing something.

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the font panel-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need 5 Text Entry Boxes, but not necessarily on 5 slides. It is possible to time each TEB on the timeline.  Let the user give the first item in a first TEB on the start of the Timeline. The standard action when confirming the entry (by a button or a shortcut like Enter) is 'Continue', so the slide will continue and get to the second TEB. The user gives the second entry, after confirming the slide will continue, you are getting to the third TEB.

I hope this is not too confusing. Perhaps this screenshot will explain more:

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very good as I was looking at the timeline and not realizing I could "merge" five events into one timeline.

Thanks

I've got another question about variables but will do some research tonight before I cry uncle...

This is a very interesting program...a delightful day with a new app....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources