• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 Link to external file not working

Participant ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a link to a PDF using the RoboHelp 8 hyperlink dialog.  I can use any of the other options in the dialog (like mailto, etc.) just fine, but when I try the link jump in Webhelp it doesn't work.  Not only that, but the file does not save correctly, using either the Save or Save All icons - it saves a version of the file created when the link was not yet built, but the anchor text is there.  For example, if I use the text "Test," highlight it, and use the dialog to add the jump syntax, it adds it correctly, and you can verify this in code view or a text editor.  However, generate Webhelp from this file and - poof! - the jump syntax does not appear in the resulting file, just the word "Test."

I can generate AIR Help using the same syntax, and the file saves fine, and the link works.  Same thing in HTMLHelp.  Plain old HTML in a browser works.  Any ideas as to what is going on, and is there a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Hi there

This is a known issue if you are testing by viewing the files off your local hard drive and you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.

RoboHelp has a setting known as Mark Of The Web (MOTW) that is normally enabled. With MOTW, links to things like PDF and Word documents will fail.

Try generating WebHelp with MOTW turned off. You do this by double-clicking the WebHelp layout in the Single Source Layouts pod.

tmp1.png

Once you do this you will then see another issue rear its ugly littl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is a known issue if you are testing by viewing the files off your local hard drive and you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.

RoboHelp has a setting known as Mark Of The Web (MOTW) that is normally enabled. With MOTW, links to things like PDF and Word documents will fail.

Try generating WebHelp with MOTW turned off. You do this by double-clicking the WebHelp layout in the Single Source Layouts pod.

tmp1.png

Once you do this you will then see another issue rear its ugly little head. When you attempt to display your WebHelp in IE, you are then faced with the little Yellow Information Bar (YIB). The link below will show you how to configure IE so you don't see the YIB when you test your WebHelp.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick.  This is about the last thing I would have expected as a cause.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp