Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defining variables

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,
Is there any method to define variables in RhoboHelp like in Framemaker. I want to create variables to hold product names and version numbers.

Help appreciated!!
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009
There is a Variables pod in RH7. It is displayed by default but you can access it from the View menu. Just be aware that there is no going back to RHX5 once you have opened a project in RH7. Best to take a backup first so you have a way out. You shouldn't need it but I'm just a cautious person at heart.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what version of RH you are using. The ability to add variables came in with RH7 (I think) and allows you to create a variable for things like product name and assign a value to it. When the value is changes, all instances of the variables are automatically changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I have access to version 7.0 but my current projects are in 5.0. If you can guide me to where I can find this in 7.0 I will convert my projects to 7.0.

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Variables pod in RH7. It is displayed by default but you can access it from the View menu. Just be aware that there is no going back to RHX5 once you have opened a project in RH7. Best to take a backup first so you have a way out. You shouldn't need it but I'm just a cautious person at heart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks much! I could define variables in RH 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp