• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7.03 / Word 2003, Error: Word version not supported

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running RH 7.03. I am trying to generate a Word doc, but get the error, "A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

However, I am running Word 2003, which is supposed to be supported. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a similar reported message on the lines of Cannot find Word etc.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm#word_issues on my site. Send my an email via the site and I will send you the file referred to.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I emailed you via your site to request the file. Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, replacing the dll file did not help. I guess I'll try reinstalling Office next. If anyone has any ideas, please send them my way.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not surprised. As I indicated, the message was not right. Is your Word installation and the Normal.dot template on your local drive or a network? Do you use Citrix?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Microsoft Office 2003, and everything works fine now. Interesting situation, since I have not installed any new software, nor uninstalled anything, since the last time I used RoboHelp to generate a Word doc. I'm just glad it was as easy as this to fix.

Peter, thank you for your help.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My attempt to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Semantically, you are correct. However, I appreciate your attempt to help; it forced me to consider the problem before throwing my hands in the air in defeat. So, by that measure, you did help.

Best,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp