• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is paragraph alignment possible in RH 6 HTML?

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Most of the topics I've created include text boxes, tables, and screen shots - all of which I can set the size for best viewing. But so far I haven't been able to find a way to control the paragraph text so that it doesn't stretch beyond the boxes, tables, and images when accessing the help pages without the content pane (TOC) open or having to minimize the page size. I've tried using the margin ruler, the paragraph alignment, and the page setup function, but nothing seems to do the trick. What I'm aiming for is nicely alignment topic when opened as a single help page or as part of a manual w/TOC.

I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You are probably looking for something RoboHelp doesn't help you with easily.

If you hand edit the HTML code, you can insert a DIV on the page to make it adhere to a specific width.

Basically the HTML *MAY* look something like this:

tmp1.png

tmp2.png

This may make the editor look a bit odd as things are now inside a dotted rectangle frame. But it should work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! I tried what you suggested and I got the rectangle frame, but not the specified width. Then I tried just adding the "<div id=body>", saved it, clicked on the dotted frame, resized it, and the code came back with the body width which I could then edit. This was SO helpful!!

<div id=body

style=

"width: 708px; height: 124px;"

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you can set a width directly on paragraph styles.  For example:

p.Normal {

width: 90%;

}

or:

p.Normal {

width: 708px;

}

I may not understand the problem or solution exactly, but I think this would allow you to set a width without adding an extra div to control width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp