• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording keystrokes in Captivate 4

New Here ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having trouble getting keystrokes to record with Captivate 4. In the Preferences dialog, under Recording > Settings, the Keystrokes box is checked. After I come back to Captivate from recording, no text appears where I typed nor is there a text object in the timeline for that slide. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Hi Sean,

Actually, during Automatic recording when you type something, Captivate relies on the information yelled by the system to generate relevant objects. But in case of VM this "yelling" does not reach to captivate if captivate is installed on the base system and NOT on the VM.

So I would advise you to please install Captivate inside your VM. Hopefully this would resolve your issue.

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Was the project recorded using Full Motion Capture?

If so, the keystrokes are part of the Full Motion clip and won't be on the Timeline.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the project wasn't originally recorded using FMR. I tried going back and inserting FMR recordings but I didn't see the text in those slides either. Not sure if it matters or not, but I'm using Captivate on Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Vista shouldn't be an issue unless it's the 64 bit variety. We have seen lots of oddness on that flavor.

If that's what you have, sorry but the best I can offer is to have you report to Adobe as a bug.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on the 64bit version. Should keystrokes record in automatic mode or just in FMR? I created a new test project and I can see the keystrokes in FMR but not in automatic mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Keystrokes should be recorded as long as the option has been enabled.

Could be you are seeing a bug. Just in case, you should consider reporting as same.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Few questions:

1. Whay key strokes are you trying to record?

2. What application are you trying to record?

Could you please brief me the exact steps that you are doing.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

I'm building some training content on the software for the company I work for. So far, I'm loving Captivate and everyone else is loving the output but I can't seem to capture keystrokes during automatic recording. The application I'm recording is running inside a VM. To begin recording, I place the recording box around the application. There are several instances where I need to fill in some information on a dialog box that is pertinent to the training material.

Could the VM be an issue? Keystroke capture does work during FMR.

Thanks

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Actually, during Automatic recording when you type something, Captivate relies on the information yelled by the system to generate relevant objects. But in case of VM this "yelling" does not reach to captivate if captivate is installed on the base system and NOT on the VM.

So I would advise you to please install Captivate inside your VM. Hopefully this would resolve your issue.

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Manish,

Thanks so much for the input. I'll install Captivate on the VM and give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources