Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 output Swf won't load extrenal linked swf on local computer

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My company is using Captivate 4 for e-learning development and I am having a problem loading the animation for a module on my local computer.  I have Flash player 10 on my local computer and ei, firefox, safari, and google chrome installed as web browsers.  I also have Flash CS3 Pro.  When I try to play the swf that was output by Captivate 4 - which has an external swf file it is pulling in that was created with CrazyTalk- the animation won't play.  The sound plays but none of the animation -even a simple text fade in effect.  Even after I published the Module locally from Captivate 4 it wouldn't run the animation.  This seems to be only a problem on my local computer - the content is running fine on an ftp server, on the developers test site and on our development computer.  It also runs if I open it in Flash CS 3 itself on my local computer.

I have updated my Java to the newest version and just uninstalled and reinstalled Flash player 10 - I also set the Flash player permissions/settings to "Allow" and upped my local storage etc.  I was hoping someone might tell me if I have some setting blocked that is preventing me from loading the animation - this is happening right from the swf and also in all the browsers I open it with.  The static content/screen one loads, as well as the sound, but will not run the animation.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked to see if the Publish Settings's "Frames per second" for the Captivate project match the "Frames per second" for your animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources