Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 fails to upgrade RH7 project to RH8; any kluge to get it done

Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe RH Customer Service confirmed to me that RH8 is unable to upgrade an RH7 project. Is there solution that will not kill me, like starting a new project and importing topics en masse? (I don't necessarily know that that would work, but are there any other creative and effective solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is nonsense. There has to be some misunderstanding as you certainly can upgrade projects. Did you perhaps ask if you can upgrade but still work in RH7? If you are simply talking about upgrading and then working in RH8, of course that can be done.

Do you have any reference number?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think or hope it's nonsense, but I'm smart enough to do this and the problem is real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread only says what Adobe told you, not that you have tried it and it has failed. Is that what you are saying?

Is this with one project or all projects?

What happens?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp