Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem After Upgrading LC server from 8.0.1 to 8.2

Level 3

Hello All,

After much hurdles, i was successfully able to upgrade my LiveCycle server from 8.0.1 to 8.2.  Everything in adminui is working fine.  In workbench (both in 8.0 and 8.2) also i'm able to open the processes and can edit.

Now my problem is i'm not able to open the resources from 8.2 workbench.  But from 8.0.1 workbench i can open the resources as usual.  May i know why this is happening.  I dont know why it is trying to open the files from local machine instead of opening it from the server repository when i try to open it from the 8.2 workbench.

I'm getting the following error.

aaa.JPG

aaa1.JPG

What is the reason?

Thanks

Deepak

6 Replies

Level 3

Does anybody knows the why it is happening

Former Community Member

No idea ...but if you post the file we can have a look and see if we can figure something out.

Paul

Level 3

Hello Paul,

Which file you are talking about.  If you are talking about the .PDF file on the resources;  For that matter none of the pdfs are opening.  All the pdfs are opening in workbench 8.0.1 but not in workbench 8.2.1.  Some how the files are trying to point to the local drive when we try to open in workbench and gives the warning that i have posted.  We even deleted the .metadata folder then deleted the connection, then recreated it.  Then also the problem still persists.

Please let me know why this is happening

Thanks

Deepak

Former Community Member

I am referring to the PDF file. You can export it by dragging and dropping it on the desktop then try opening it in stand alone designer. As well you can post it here. If you are using different versions of LiveCycle do not mix up the workbench sofware. Each version will only work wit hots corresponding LC server.

Paul

Level 3

Hello Paul,

It is opening in the standalone mode.  Actually i had workbench 8.0.1 and LC Server 8.0.1.  Later i upgraded the server to LC 8.2.1 i had workbench 8.2 earlier so didnt bother about the workbench.  After the server upgrade, i tried to open the resources which were created using WB 8.0.1, but the WB 8.2 is not opening those resources.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Community Member

Then I have no idea ....I would open an incident with support.

Paul